Wolverhampton Palestine Solidarity Campaign
The Lab - an acclaimed film detailing the Israeli arms industry & its effect on the lives of Palestinians.
next WB&DTUC meeting
TUC Women Chainmakers' Festival of Cradley Heath
Trade union courses in Wolverhampton 2016
TUC courses sign up now....
- Diploma in Employment Law Wednesday 13th July 2016
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety 14th July 2016
Union Reps Stage 1 ten weeks Wolverhampton 9 am – 4 pm on Mondays
Health & Safety Stage 1 ten weeks 9 am – 4 pm on Tuesdays
Right to strike under threat
In response to the TU Bill campaign by the TUC and trade unions, Government minister Nick Boles has announced concessions to:
ABANDON plans to ban union subscriptions via payroll (check-off), provided the union pays payment processing costs (as many already do).
CONCEDE safeguards against politicisation of the union regulator (Certification Officer) and reduce its costs to unions.
WATER DOWN plans to restrict union political funds. Changes will no longer apply to existing members, and costs and effort will be much reduced.
AGREE TO a review of online methods for strike ballots. This would help increase turnouts.
ADD SAFEGUARDS to a new power to cap union facility time. This could happen now only after at least 3 years research and negotiation.
1st May 2016 Wolverhampton Workers' Day
West Midlands Combined Authority
Midlands TUC Combined Authorities meeting for West Midlands Trades Union Councils.
Protect our Steel Industry
575 jobs could be at risk from the steel closures at the Tata Steel Park, Wednesfield.
Wolverhampton Workers' Memorial Day
National Minimum Wage rates increase
Next rise is due 1 October 2016
from 1st April 2016:
- hourly rate of the national minimum wage for those of 25 years and over, increased from £6.70 to £7.20. Two million under-25s will not be covered.
- adult hourly rate of the national minimum wage 21-24 years is £6.70
- development rate (which covers workers aged 18-20 years) is £5.30
- rate for 16 to 17-year-olds is £3.87/hour
- for apprentices under the age of 19 and those aged 19 and over in the first 12 months of their apprenticeship, the apprentice minimum wage rate £3.30 per hour
Black Country People’s Assembly
- Get involved in your local group join us on Facebook at Black Country Peoples Assembly
People's Assembly national site
False economy website
Campaign against Housing & Planning Bill
TUC General Secretary support for Wolves TUC
Letter of support and solidarity with Wolverhampton TUC received from Frances O'Grady TUC General Secretary
Annual Report of Work 2015 and 2016 Plan of Action
Wolverhampton, Bilston & District Trades Union Council's Annual Report of Work 2015
and Plan of Action for 2016